Friday, July 6, 2007

Still workshopping. I did the last one today. I thought this one would be a snap because I have done synopsis workshops many times before, but it turned out my lecture notes were really outdated, especially the examples I used, so I had to revamp everything. (Plus, hey, I'm smarter now!) I also worked on my spiffy four-color hand-outs for the "Three-Act Structure for Novels" workshop.

If anyone here is interested in attending this workshop, hosted by the ScriptScene Chapter of RWA, it is free and open to all RWA conference attendees. It's on Wednesday afternoon, 3-5 p.m., at the steakhouse near Union Station, Novak's Landmark Grill. I'm worried no one will come, since it's not at the hotel.

Rob and I have gotten very lazy about our meals and so we went to Sonic. I could have had a salad but I had a fried chicken sandwich. Ewwwww. Just couldn't help myself. We stopped at the grocery store on the way home but I couldn't seem to get myself interested in buying much of anything. We got bananas and Silk so we can have breakfast tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, Rob is giving a workshop for the local Mystery Writers of America on writing realistic action scenes. He and his martial arts friend Lisa are demonstrating cool fighting moves, with and without weapons, self-defense, etc. It's a great workshop, and it's free and open to the public. 9:30 a.m. at the Texas Land and Cattle steakhouse at Central Expwy. and Spring Valley.

Have a great weekend,
Kara

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could attend, but I don't think my daughter's doctor appointment will be done in time for me to get there. Can I come late?

Kara Lennox said...

Lynn--

Well, I guess I'm getting back to you too late to do any good! You could have come late!

I am trying to talk my husband into selling copies of the DVD he made of this workshop last year. I think he would sell a zillion copies!

Unknown said...

I'm glad it was a success!