Thursday, July 5, 2007

Catching Up

I didn't really blog yesterday because I was exhausted when we got home last night. But we'd gone to my sister's house in Garland for a cook-out on the grill. (Okay, only my brother-in-law actually went outside to cook. The rest of us stayed inside where it was dry, cool and bug-free to watch movies on their wamba HD TV and play with my sister's new kitten.)

Anyway, it was a great meal and fun to see the family, but we stayed out way too late.

Today I went to Wishcraft, but my writer friend Becky was the only one there. We had plenty of time to whine to each other and gossip about anybody who wasn't there. (Just kidding, Martie and Dean!)

Afterward we met for lunch with Vicki, Judy, April and baby Lily, and Rob! We were celebrating Rob's birthday, a little early.

Those were the highlights. I've been working on various stuff at the computer today, finishing up a cover for Rob. Oh, and I joined Mystery Writers of America. I've always wanted to give it a try. A local chapter is forming (Becky is spearheading the effort) so there's a real reason to join! Rob is going to be their first speaker, doing his workshop on writing action scenes.

Thanks for stopping by,
Kara

No comments: