Friday, September 14, 2007

Write them down

One of the problems with goals is, when we're in the process of goal setting, we're all fired up. But then we promptly forget them.

All of your goals need to be written down. I like to word my goal with "I intend ..." because an intention is stronger than a wish or a desire. So "I intend to submit TITLE OF BOOK by DATE" would be one of my goals. Every two weeks, I write my goals on an index card and post them right by my computer, where I can see them every day.

It really makes a difference. When I forget that step, things don't seem to get done.

So write down your goals and post them were you can see them.

The You-Can-Do-It Blog is taking a break for the next week. I'm heading off to Hawaii. But posts should resume 9/24. Hopefully my week of rest and rejuvenation will generate a whole bunch of new ideas for the blog.

Restfully,
Kara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I belong to a Goals loop, which really helps me keep on track with my writing. And my critique groups meets every second week, so that keeps me producing new material as well.

Have fun in Hawaii!! :-)