Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Law of Attraction Made Easy

I've heard a lot of people try to explain the Law of Attraction, and sometimes it can get pretty confusing. But here is the cleanest, simplest explanation I've come across. Unfortunately I can't remember who came up with it originally; if you recognize it, please let me know where it came from so I can give proper credit.

The 5 steps:
1. Decide what you want.
This sounds simple, but a lot of people stumble through life, following the path of least resistance, without ever giving this matter any serious thought. Whether it's a new car, a new job or a new lover, figure out specifically what you would like brought into your life. You can experiment with small things at first, but don't be afraid to think big!

2. Visualize.
This has always been easy for me--I was one of those kids who used to get in trouble in school for "day-dreaming" and "wool gathering." But not everyone finds it easy to picture in their minds what they want. It helps to write down the qualities of the thing you want, or cut out pictures from magazines that represent the thing you want. If I want to sell a book, for example, I do a mock-up of the cover and use it as my computer wallpaper, where I'll see it often. I've also downloaded the New York Times Bestseller list, but I substituted my book and my name in the number one spot!

3. Emotionalize
This is probably THE most important step, and the one most people skip. You have to summon up how you would feel if you had that thing you desire. The Universe responds to emotions--your feelings are the fuel it uses to give you what you want. So it's important not to feel anxious or focus on the lack in your life. You'll only draw to yourself more anxiety, more lack. So pretend you already have what you desire, create inside yourself exactly how you would feel, and maintain that state of mind for as long and as often as you can. This takes practice, but it does get easier. Remember, it should be fun, not a chore.

4. Act
The trick is to take only inspired action. If your desire is for a new love in your life, you can help things along by getting out of the house and visiting places where you might meet someone, and letting your friends know you're open to meeting new people. If you want a new job, start polishing up your resume. But it's important not to pursue these activities in any sort of frantic way. Taking actions to bring about your desires should not feel heavy or like a struggle. When you're on the right track with your actions, you'll feel light and joyful. Be open to signs and signals from the Universe that might point you in the right direction.

5. Believe
The stronger your faith in this process, the faster your desires will come to you. I once heard it described like ordering something from a catalog. You put in your order for a new car, then you wait for it to arrive just as you would a book you ordered from Amazon. You don't know exactly when the package will show up on your front porch, but you don't fret about it. You simply expect it to arrive.

Decide, Visualize, Emotionalize, Act and Believe!

Emotionally,
Kara

No comments: