Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Never, never give up!

"People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most people succeed because they are determined to."

George E. Allen
Publisher and Author

***

My friend Nancy Haddock didn't know when to quit. After writing steadily for thirteen years, she sold a three-book series to Berkley. (Not that she has mediocre ability, mind you.) Sometimes I suspect I might be a person of mediocre ability. But I'll never quit trying to make the NYT Bestseller List. They'll have to pry my cold, dead fingers from the keyboard.

Briefly,
Kara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing this blog today. I woke up having one of those mornings -- the kind where you start to question your writing abilities, your current WIP, just everything. This was just the boost I needed! :-)

Kara Lennox said...

Annette--
I think we all have those days! For me, usually it comes after a rejection of some kind, or when someone has criticized me.

Which gives me an idea of what to blog about next!